This is the official release version of SIEGate v1.0.
We recommend all existing release candidate SIEGate installations be updated to this new version.
Version 1.0.83 - 03/28/2014
Changes since version 1.0.68:
- Fixed installer action for user authentication when authenticating a managed service account
- Improved password input for remote console applications to support backspace and escape keys for correcting mistakes when typing passwords
- Fixed issue writing COMTRADE FRACSEC values when no subsequent digitals are being exported
- Made COMTRADE export change start-time to start with first data sample
- Modified export and trend functions to "re-open" archive on operation such that latest point data can be loaded (basically forcing a data-block allocation table reload)
- Fixed various minor timebase issues in IEEE C37.118 and IEC 61850-90-5 protocols
- Updated the Historian Trending Tool to fix bugs, provide more configuration options, and improve the usability of certain features
- Updated DNP3 adapter for latest build of openDNP3
- Updated data quality reporting screen to list all cached reports and better manage pending reports
- Added DNP3ConfigGenerator to help setup DNP3 adapter
- Fixed timestamp alignment in COMTRADE export to fill gaps where data may be missing
- New reporting engine for generating daily data quality reports
- Fixed COMTRADE dependencies and Historian Trending Tool crash on export
- Added logic to grant permissions to existing users when migrating databases using the Configuration Setup Utility
- Added additional security to certain remote console commands
- Improved feedback and logging in the OSI-PI output adapter
- Minor performance improvements for alarming
SIEGate has been developed as a .NET 4.5 application built on the new integrated Grid Solutions Framework
(GSF). The Grid Solutions Framework is a combination of the TVA Code Library
and Time-series Framework
projects on codeplex built using the new .NET 4.5 framework. In creating the GSF, new code components have been added and all libraries have been refactored to make this integrated framework more secure and significantly better performing.
Upgrading to the 1.0 release version of SIEGate from prior release candidate versions requires migration of the existing configuration - should you desire to keep it. Upgrading the configuration is handled by migrating your existing configuration to the new 1.0 release schema in the Configuration Setup Utility (select "I want to used an existing configuration", "Database" and "I want to upgrade to the latest schema"). The Data Migration Utility included with the 1.0 version of SIEGate supports MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and SQLite database types and can even migrate from one database type to another (e.g., SQLite to Oracle).
New Features / Improvements
Included with the SIEGate v1.0 release installation is a new tool called the No Internet Fix Utility
. As its name suggests, you should run this utility when deploying the SIEGate inside an environment that does not have Internet access. This tool will ensure all TLS/SSL style connections now required by the SIEGate startup quickly by skipping timeouts even without Internet availability.
A new tool, the Gateway Exchange Protocol (GEP) Subscription Tester
- download link above, has been provided to validate internal subscription style connections. This is a multi-platform application was built using the Grid Solutions Framework
Unity subscription API with deployment binaries or installers for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android devices.